Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: DIY Crossover

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member SOOTSHE's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: DIY Crossover

    I've found the solution.
    Connect to input, bass, mid, treble on top. All wiring connects underneath.
    Thanks for everyones input

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: DIY Crossover

    I have listened with small bypass caps on both the LF and HF XO sections and did not find any difference.
    I like the 1% tol available on the Daytons, to keep the delay line LC resonate freqs as close as possible to the design. If these freqs are off, it effects the time delay not so much the freq resp . If I let the cap values wonder , the freq/delay curve looks like the Rocky mts.
    I have not found I needed a cap burn in , or any difference in sound Dayton vs Solon.

    I had three 605As rebuilt by GPA and the free air resonate freq slowly drifted up from 22 Hz to 30 Hz; say a years time.
    Could this be what the Golden Ears hear ?

    Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.